Iwokrama is your gateway to Guyana’s unique heritage and stunning biodiversity
The promotion packages below are a starting point: we can customize activities and accommodation to suit your schedule and interests. We accommodate tour groups, solo travelers, VIP delegations, and visitors from the local community and elsewhere in Guyana! We can assist with small and large groups in Georgetown and at the Iwokrama River Lodge.
All promotional packages include meals, accommodation and tours and do not include transportation to the Iwokrama River Lodge and local bar.
- 1 to 4 persons
- 5 to 8 persons
- Caiman Spotting
- Nature Walks
- Indian House island
- Essequibo River petroglyphs
- 2 Days / 1 Night
- $45, 000
- $43, 000
- 3 Days / 2 Nights
- $75, 000
- $70, 000 per person
- 4 Days / 3 Nights
- $105, 000
- $99, 000
Tours stat from August 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 (subject to change without notice) and based on current conditions in Guyana, guidelines from the Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) and field conditions.
Iwokrama Tourism General Information Sheet
Version 1.0 ( June 2020) Subject to change without notice.
Tours can be bought in advance and will be valid for travel until 31st March 2021 as follows:
|July 1st to August 31st||5% discount|
|September 1st to December 31st||3% discount|
Start dates as of now begin August 1st 2020 (subject to change without notice) and based on current conditions in Guyana, guidelines from the Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) and field conditions.
- Children 12 and under eat free
- These are package deals so activities will not vary and cannot be selected. In the event that specific activities cannot be undertaken because of weather IIC will try its best to facilitate by offering other activities but there is no guarantee.
- Activities may be shifted during the tour based on weather and logistics
- Partial or full refunds will not be offered if activities cannot be or are not undertaken or if clients cancel tours. However, Iwokrama may consider refunds on a case by case basis and based on the circumstances.
- Clients must be willing to share boats and vehicles which will be filled to 70% capacity. For families, we will fill to 100% capacity.
Prices of the tours exclude transport to and from the Iwokrama Rover Lodge. Some transport options are below:
|Mode||Number of Persons||Price per person (GYD)||Total Price|
|Bus||Up to 9 people in a 15 seater bus. Either charter or individual seats.||$30, 000||$270, 000 (charter)|
|4x4 hire||3 people (charter)||$50, 000||$150, 000|
|4x4 hire||4 to 5 person (charter)||$40, 000||$200, 000|
|Aircraft (206) to Iwokrama (return)||5 seats (charter)||$46, 000||$230, 000|
|Aircraft (Islander) to Iwokrama (return)||9 seats (charter)||$39, 000||$350, 000|
|Aircraft (Caravan) to Iwokrama (return)||13 seats (charter)||$43, 000||$520, 000|
Please be advised there are no guarantees for wildlife sightings. It is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitats; our experienced guides will take every measure to ensure your experience is enjoyable. The only thing you can kill is time the only thing you can take is a photograph; the only thing you can leave is your footprints. Wildlife viewing is also seasonal.
Personal items to walk with:
- Rubber boots or other waterproof footwear (We do not recommend wearing open footwear to walk in the rainforest)
- Long trousers (2), preferably made of cotton-polyester mix
- Long-sleeved shirt, sweater or jacket for cool evenings
- T-shirts or short-sleeved shirts (3-4); light colours are preferable, darker colours can attract insects
- Several changes of socks
- Hat & sunscreen
- Flip flops or trainers to wear when not on activities
- Flashlight (headlamp if you want to see animal eye shine at night)
- Insect repellent
- Medication which you may require
- A water container
- Small Day Pack to take on activities
- A Camera with flash.
- Multiple face masks
- Personal hygiene products such as liquid soap or sanitizers
Iwokrama has a Hygiene and Health protocol for the management of all guests and visitors:
- Clients must provide negative COVID 19 test results to the Georgetown office. These results must be dated 5-14 days of the date of travel.
- Clients will be subjected to a temperature check on arrival or in the case that they display typical symptoms (fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat) related to COVID-19
- Clients must walk with their own face masks and must wear them at all times when in public spaces at Iwokrama. Clients will not be permitted to enter the lodge, access public spaces or undertake tours unless they have a mask on. It is suggested that clients walk with more than one just in case one gets misplaced or damaged. Iwokrama will have regulation N 95 masks for sale at the price of GYD $2,000 each at the River Lodge.
- There will be adequate commercial sanitization facilities at strategic locations around the River Lodge but clients are encouraged to walk with their own personal sanitizers for their comfort. These will also be on sale at the River Lodge at a cost of GYD $1,500 per bottle.
- Clients must provide any health insurance information to Iwokrama at the time of booking.
- In the case of health emergencies or in the case of suspected COVID-19 cases:
- The client will be quarantined and will not be allowed to partake in any further activities;
- Iwokrama medex will undertake an initial assessment and if necessary, Iwokrama will provide transport to the nearest public health facility.
- The clients must agree to the above guidelines, information and terms before undertaking any Iwokrama tour. Iwokrama reserves the right to refuse service to any clients not wanting to follow these terms and guidelines.